USA Rail Pass – just $299!!
Explore the US from just $299 with Amtrak’s USA Rail Pass.
Book between 08 – 22 June and save $200 when buying the USA Rail Pass – that works out at less than $30 per ride.
The USA Rail Pass gives you 10 trips to use in 30 days from the first trip.
The USA Rail Pass allows you to take a multi-segment journey on Amtrak for one low, fixed price. After you purchase your pass, you will be able to start booking each segment of your trip directly from your purchase confirmation, by going to ‘Modify Trip’ on Amtrak.com, or by looking up your reservation on the Amtrak mobile app.
A travel segment occurs any time you board and disembark one of our trains (or other scheduled services). If your trip involves making one connection, you will use two segments of your USA Rail Pass.
The pass validity period is 120 days following the date of your purchase. Once you travel on your first segment, you will have 30 days before your pass expires.
Yes, though each customer must purchase their own rail pass and travel is booked on separate reservations.
If you are traveling with children, purchase a pass for each child and then call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245). One of our agents would be happy to book your tickets.
USA Rail Pass is available for travel in Coach class, featuring wide, reclining seats with a big picture window, ample legroom, and no middle seat. Upgrades to Business Class and private room accommodations are not available at this time.
There are three important restrictions to keep in mind as you consider purchasing a USA Rail Pass:
Route Restrictions: USA Rail Pass is available on all Amtrak services with the exception of:
- Auto Train
- Maple Leaf (Canadian stations only)
- Thruway Bus Series 7000-7999
Fare Types: USA Rail Pass is available for Saver and Value Fares only. Segments offering only Flexible Fares are not available for rail pass bookings. When booking your segment on Amtrak.com or the Amtrak app, we will provide guidance on which departures are available with your pass.
City Pairs: Travel is restricted to two roundtrips (four one-way trips) between the same two stations — as well as all intermediate destinations on the route. To book multiple trips between the same two stations, consider a multi-ride pass.
No. While there are some restrictions on routes, fare types and city pairs (see above), there are no blackout or time of day restrictions.
Trip changes are permitted prior to the scheduled departure time of a booked segment. Your rebooked segment must be made within the pass validity period (120 days) or within 30 days of your first used segment. You can also choose to cancel a segment and return it to the pass as long as the change is made prior to scheduled departure. No changes or cancelations are permitted following the scheduled departure time of a booked segment. Your pass has no remaining value following the validity period — even if no segments have been booked or used.
An unused rail pass is fully refundable if requested within pass validity period (120 days) and no segments have been booked. If you have booked travel, your pass is also fully refundable up to 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure of the first booked segment. A 25% cancelation fee applies if the refund request is made inside 48 hours of scheduled departure of the first booked segment. Your pass is non-refundable following the scheduled departure of the first booked segment.
If a segment is booked and not used, it expires after scheduled departure — using one segment. If you have experienced a missed connection or service disruption, an Amtrak agent at the station or on the phone (1-800-872-7245) can rebook your travel without losing your segment.
Yes. After you purchase your pass on Amtrak.com, contact us at 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245) and one of our agents would be happy to book your tickets.
Amtrak Guest Rewards members earn 2 points per dollar spent on each USA Rail Pass purchase. Points are added to your account following travel on your first segment. Redeeming points for a USA Rail Pass is not available at this time.
Yes. Your pass is still valid and guided by the rules of our previous pass offering. If you have a question or need assistance, contact us at 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245) and one of our agents would be happy to provide you with more information about your pass.
- Make Reservations: For travelers outside of the United States, send your name, desired travel date(s), your USA Rail Pass Confirmation Number and the train(s) on which you want to travel to INTLHELP@amtrak.com prior to arriving in the United States, or call (001) 215-856-7924 during regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm ET).
- Pick-up Pass and Ticket(s): Paper tickets are issued for USA Rail Passes purchased prior to May 2021 and for all travel segments. You can pick up your pass and tickets at any staffed Amtrak ticket office in many Amtrak stations by showing your USA Rail Pass or Pass Confirmation Number. These passes may only be picked up at staffed stations.
- Lost or stolen USA Rail Passes purchased prior to May 2021 are not refundable or replaceable after travel begins. All tickets already issued against the pass become invalid if the pass is lost, even if the tickets are not lost. If only tickets are lost (but not the pass), then new Amtrak tickets may be issued using the pass. If the tickets have a dollar value, then they must be repurchased.